When most of us plan to retire by the time we reach the age of 60, Colonel Sanders was about to start his journey of global stardom and financial success at the age of 66. And all this was going to happen because he had wrapped up a major part of his life around ONE Thing – Fried Chicken.
- An investment philosophy is not available next door. It gets built over a period of time. One needs to go through a lot of ups and downs in order to visualize what really works best for him/her.
- If you want to be a cricketer, you need to practice 10-12 hours a day. While it’s exactly opposite when it comes to investing. With an extremely low activity, you can generate one of the best results in the long-term.
- The sparks of Warren Buffett picking a minority stake in Paytm have been flying for quite a while now. Certainly, a big boost for tech startups in India. It clearly indicates the huge potential of technical breakthroughs that are happening in India.
- Money is put at risk when invested in equities. But when it’s well diversified over a set of quality companies, it grows considerably in the long-term. Money is put at risk too when kept in a savings account. And the inflation risk ensures that you fail to achieve your goals.
- The buy-and-hold strategy doesn’t mean Buy-and-Forget. It means Sitting Passively and Observing Actively.
- When we wrap our mentality around a long-term orientation, we start competing against ourselves. It’s too difficult to manage emotions for such a huge timespan.
- Based on the bits of advice from the business news channels, most of us invest in order to reap the profits at the end of the day. A time horizon of just 1-day. Is buying quality and waiting not important? Is today really important?
- The way we behaved in past can be one of the best indicators to show how we would react during future declines. In the hindsight, we may now look at the past declines as opportunities but show the same irrational behavior whenever a decline would happen in future.
* * *
Follow RichifyMeClub on Twitter
Click here to browse the list of all the articles that have been written so far
The cover image has been taken from Jeremy Gouge
* * *
The life motto of Pankaj is to Live, Love Laugh, Eat, Travel, and Motivate. He has been passionately observing the Indian Markets since 1992. He is a brain tumor survivor who is retired from the rat race and helping everyone win. He shares his thoughts through his twitter handle @AnyBodyCanFly.
Let’s get some insights about his investing journey.
Robin Williams, an American actor, and comedian, was best known for performing improvisational or unscripted roles on television and stage. The versatile characters he played in movies like Dead Poet’s Society, Jumanji, Good Will Hunting, Night at the Museum, etc. are few of the well known comic acts to the millions of movie buffs and his fans.
In the history of professional bodybuilding, Ronnie Coleman has been one of the greatest bodybuilders in the world. Since 1998, he has won the international bodybuilding contest Mr. Olympia 8 times in a row. Many professional bodybuilders challenged his crown but none could dislodge him from the top spot. During this time, many bodybuilding rivalries grabbed the eyes of media but none could match the level of rivalry between Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler.
Actor Hugh Jackman first appeared as a cast in the X-Men series in the year 2000. Since then, over a period of 17 years, he has delivered a remarkable performance in the next 9 installments of this movie series. Thus, making the whole franchise successful by reporting a total box office collection of whopping $5.72 Billion.