A few days ago, I was having a conversation with one of my friends who happens to be in contact since 2013. He asked me about my work schedule and the week plan. And below is my response.
- I read 2 Newspapers daily while traveling to the office (Economic Times & Livemint)
- Try to find out extra time from my work schedule and spend it on reading the latest affairs and other news articles
- Try to read 2-3 Financial and Annual Statements during the week
- I minimize my distractions (Whatsapp, Facebook Notifications etc) by indulging in more productive work
- I try to finish my office work well before time and spend extra hours in gaining financial knowledge as well as domain depth
- I love reading. So I dig into the latest articles of the blogs every time I get free time. I try to read about the emerging companies which can be the potential multi-baggers in future
- I love to connect with like-minded people. It ensures that I remain on track and stay updated
- I read a book while traveling back from the office. Sometimes, I take the printout of the important articles and read while going back home
- I stay away from things which are a waste of time such as websites which don’t contain any informative content
- I give due attention to my body and stay in shape by gymming 4-5 days a week. I try to minimize the intake of sugary as well as fatty food in order to stay healthy. I strongly recommend you to Eat Clean, Workout Mean and Stay Lean.
- I read about companies in which I intend to invest. I try to delve as much deep as I can in order to find out the relevant information about the companies. Frankly speaking, I try to make my portfolio concentrated rather than searching for every investment opportunity. A well-concentrated portfolio of 12-18 companies is enough to make you Rich
- I don’t track the markets daily. I do the thorough analysis of the company by reading its Balance Sheet, P/L Statement, Cash Flow Statement, Annual Statements, Directors Analysis Report and other documents by downloading them from their websites
- To avoid boredom, I watch Standup Comedy, Cartoon Network Shows such as Tom & Jerry and other informative videos on Youtube
- During weekends, I spend my time with my family, cook food, go out for an outing or watch a movie flick. I connect with my relatives and friends through phone calls. During a long weekend, I prefer to go for a vacation and explore places
- I keep a track of things happening in India or worldwide such as political advancements, economic affairs, etc.
- Last but not the least, I make sure that I stay positive with my thoughts throughout the day
* * *
Follow RichifyMeClub on Twitter
* * *